Friday, August 3, 2012

Mr. Monk 2.0

For his first Christmas, Sam got a stuffed monkey from my mom.  He latched onto it and the two of them became inseparable.  It's name is Mr. Monk, or as Sam refers to him, "M". 

M is VERY well loved.  He has been washed so many times and carried everywhere. He was getting into pretty bad shape.


His fur has tons of bald spots and he has holes in a couple of places where the fabric is just wearing through.


His tail is the saddest of all.  It is completely bald, and half of it is completely gone.  This tail took one for the team when Sam was teething.  The poor thing got chewed like crazy.

I was to the point where I was just waiting for Sam to bring me poor M in shreds with no way of fixing him.  For months I had been checking stores casually for similar stuffed monkeys with no luck.  I finally resorted to e-bay.  Matt had checked e-bay months before with no luck so I wasn't very optimistic.  I had to wade through over 4000 hits when I searched for stuffed monkey.  There were 26 pages of hits, and on page 24 I saw this:


SCORE!!!!!  Matt talked the lady down a little from her asking price and we ordered that sucker!


Even better, Sam let us swap him out with no problems!  He LOVES his "new monkey"


We hung onto the old monkey, and he will be put into storage.  
Maybe we will try to sneak him into Sam's suitcase when he get's married and goes on his honeymoon ;)

No comments: