Here he is, waiting to go. He thinks he is just going for a ride in the car.
All of his stuff, packed in the trunk. Who would have thought that a dog had so much stuff.
Brandon's new family is really great. I e-mail swap with the lady to see how he is doing. They take him on walks every day, take him to Pet-Smart and get his nails done and let him pick out toys, she has two boys (one is 5 and one is 10) who let Brandon sleep on their beds at night (something he no longer got to do at our house) and the 5 year old is teaching him tricks. Their mom cuddles with Brandon on the couch while she reads and he gets lots of love and attention, that we just couldn't give him anymore, as much as I would have liked to. It was so hard to give him up, but he is so much happier and it is better for everyone in the long run. Steven has adjusted pretty well. He has only asked about Brandon a couple of times since he has been gone. Once, a couple days after I took him to his new home, and once, this week when I dropped an ice cube on the floor, and Steven wanted Brandon to get it. Both times, I just reminded him that Brandon was living with his new family to which Steven replied, "No I want Brandon to stay with me." And I just explain that he is happier in his new home and that it is better for him there. I have to say that I feel the same way as Steven about it all but know that this choice is better for all of us.
I have posted some of my favorite photos of Brandon from the time we had him. Enjoy.

This was taken the weekend after I got him. He was so small then! Only 6 months old.
Hanging out with his buddy Sedric at my mom's house. Sedric is my brother's dog.
One of my all time favorite pictures. He is holding two of his toys in his mouth at once, a rawhide, and a "Mr Squeakers".
This is also at my mom's house. He figured out that there were M&M's in the blue candy dish between the plant, and that sometimes people left some in the little cup on the front. He spent a lot of time in that corner trying to get candy out of that little dish. He was successful a lot of the time. My mom had to finally move it. This is one of the things I miss the most. Now when I drop food on the floor, I have to bend down and pick it up. No more letting the dog get it.
A cute look on his cute face.
No comments:
Post a Comment