Steven uses the word "Heavy" in the place of the word "big", and the word "baby" instead of "small". So he always refers to his pet fish as the heavy fish and the baby fish.. Sadly the heavy fish died after this picture was taken.
One day when I was telling him something that he didn't want to hear, he said this to me. I guess he didn't like those particular words I was saying!
He refers to his thumb as his "driver". Why, you may be wondering... Well in the song "Wheels On The Bus" (one of his favorites) the line goes, "the driver says move on back," while you motion with your thumb over your shoulder. So the thumb is a driver. He did explain this while I was making the video above, but my camera card filled up right before he got to that explanation, so it wasn't on film.
He also refers to his other fingers as the numbers that they represent when he counts. His index finger is his "one", his middle finger is his "two" and so on.
He LOVES to vacuum. Also, if I try to correct him and get him to say "vacuum", he just corrects me back. This is one mispronunciation that he will not let go of!
When he is eating, if the food has any kind of juice with it, he refers to it as "the soup" Consequently, soup is one of his favorite foods. A boy after my own heart.
"I'm dis eateen the meaty mans..."
I have no idea who or what the meaty mans is. I have no idea where he got it from. He was playing with Bonnie, my brother's girlfriend in the backseat of the car on a road trip, and he told her he was eating the meaty mans. Since then, he talks about it off an on, so he hasn't forgotten about it.
"That light on drives me weird."
He told me this one day when he wanted me to turn off a light. I am assuming he meant that the light drove him crazy, but I like his choice of words.
Steven: "Ummmm... maybe Kase of deeya."
Quesadillas it is.
"I'm sick to have chips"
I was letting him have some chips. When I do this, generally I hold onto the bag and he comes and gets them from me one at a time (this prevents messes and more my-cuuming). I had been doing this, and he hadn't been back in a while for a chip so I asked him if he wanted another one. The above quote is the answer I got. That was a first. Usually I have to put my foot down and say no more.
"Mommy, can you koot"
"I'm dis havin 5 hwigs."
The two quotes above represent a few of his language habits. He leaves the "s" sound off of the beginning of words. Not all words, just on most words. The "Koot" was him asking me to scoot over so he could sit next to me. The "hwigs" was him telling me that he is just having 5 swigs from his sippy. The "5" is another thing that he does. You know how most kids eventually figure out that instead of just asking for one of something, they should ask for two, one for each hand? Well Steven figures that if two is good five is better, so he does things in fives. He takes 5 swigs, we wants 5 cookies, he needs 5 more turns on the slide...etc.
*the word "dis" in the above quotes refers to the way Steven pronounces the word "just".
Some of the things Steven is into lately:
-He really likes "Pink Milk" or Strawberry milk. So does his daddy.
-He loves to play with his cars. There will be a future post dedicated to his relationship with his toy cars.
-He spends a lot of time pushing his doll stroller around the house ( I got it at a yard sale for 25 cents. I bought it so he would stop trying to push his little brother off the sidewalk. Matt hates the stroller because it's pink and purple. Steven loves it and doesn't care what color it is.)
-He really likes to sit in the sun. By this I am referring to the pools of sunlight that come in the windows onto the carpet.
-He LOVES to point out the temple whenever we drive past it in the car.
-He loves to point out helicopters and airplanes in the sky.
-He loves to look for the moon in the sky.
We love our Steven and all the joy he brings into our lives!
2 comments:
I love it! It's so fun the things kids say. Kalissa is starting to get her own little sayings as well. The funniest is she will say "see it" and she says it really fast and adds an H sound so it kinda sounds like a cuss word especially when she says it really loud.
Favorite by far is the Meaty Mans! Ha ha! if you find out what that means, be sure to let me know!!
Post a Comment