Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Camping in the Uintah's 2010

I have to say that this trip was my favorite of all of our summer trips.  My family goes Camping in the Uintah's every year in August. We don't always go because it's really far and we don't always have the time off or the money. This year, Matt had school but the boys and I really wanted to go so we did. I loaded up the boys into the car and trekked out. I was so proud of myself, because it was a four to five hour drive and we didn't even get lost! We didn't get a speeding ticket in Wyoming either...  There was too much fun to post on this little blog post, but I will do my best. Here goes:


This is one of the main reason's that this camping spot is my favorite!


The view from my tent.


The boys got to go on lot's of walks with Grandpa.


Here is the line of trucks that got us all there. We are missing a couple too!


The first full day we were there, we went for a drive to see some of the nearby visitors centers and to see Flaming Gorge Dam. Here is sweet Sammy riding in the car.


We walked along a path by one of the visitors centers picking up pinecones and Uncle Brian found a snake. Of course he had to pick it up...
Also, I will admit we didn't exactly stay on the path...
We needed to freak Debbie out a little by standing over crevices in the rock...


Here are the bighorn sheep that roam around the area


Here is the sign on the door of the visitor's center at Flaming Gorge Dam. It made me laugh. It still makes me laugh.


Steven getting ready to go on a hike with Grandpa and a bunch of the others.  He found a dandelion to take along with him.


Steven hiking with Grandpa


I got that little backpack online. It was perfect for him to carry! We just loaded it up with a couple of kid sized water bottles and some fruit snacks.


The boys poking a puff ball mushroom. They went at it for at least a half hour and then they kept trying to go back and poke it some more...


It was fun because it poofed out yellowish smoke looking stuff!


We played at the lake with our friend Nancy looking for native wildlife...


Here is a pic of what's in Steven's can.  Some tiny frogs, a leech, a couple of water striders, and a snail.  It was super fun!


Steven with one of his tiny frog buddies.  He loved this!


Our friend Nancy also brought about a hundred glow bracelets. Nate, Uncle Brian and Rilee put a bunch of them on and were walking around the camp one night while we were all sitting around the fire.  It was super funny! At one point they walked out around the campsite. When they got back near the fire, Brian ran up into camp towards the fire and scared one of the dogs. He started barking and trying to attack Brian and it took them about twenty minutes to calm him down!  So funny!


This is a video of the three of them walking around. That's Uncle Brian that takes off running.


Here is a rare sighting of me on the blog! (I am never in the pictures because I am always taking the pictures!)
 This is me and Sam with our buddy Nate.


This is my bag of Cashews. I left a few of my bags in the trunk of my car for storage while we were there. I didn't want the food in my tent because it is the Uintah's and there could be bears...
Apparently the squirrels figured out a way to get into the trunk and have a little snack out of one of the food bags. 

This is where the little buggers sat in my car and ate their spoils!

It was so much fun and I hope that we get to go again next year! 
A special thanks to family that helps me out with my tent and the boys when Matt stays home so that we can still come and have fun!

No comments: