We got those suckers in the water and had at least one hatched out by the next morning! And yes, these were actual Triops, not sea monkeys posing as Triops.
By a couple of days later we had a bunch of little guys swimming around in there. They were really tiny so it was hard to tell how many we had. Also, the booklet says that sometimes the bigger triops will eat the smaller ones, so I didn't really bother to count them.
Now we have had them for a week and they are fairly good sized. Both of the boys can see them now and they are pretty fun to watch. I am pretty sure we have five of them. The are still kind of little and they swim really fast so they are hard to count, but every time I try to count them I end up with five. I was going to try to make a little video of them but I need to let them get a little bigger so I can change the water in their tank and get out all of the sawdust stuff that came with the eggs ( it is supposed to help them grow, but it makes it hard to see them).
Here are some pictures though:
These first couple are a little blurry but you can see the little guy there in the middle.
Another little guy there in the middle.
You can see this guys tail pretty well.
These pics are a little better. This guy was eating right next to the side of the tank so I could get some pretty good pics.
Top view.
Front view. They're not very cute, but still pretty fun for instant pets.
I guess we will see how big we can get them to grow...
No comments:
Post a Comment