Friday, August 5, 2011

A Random Smattering Of Things I Am Loving Right Now


My Birdcage. 
I have had it for a while and have been wanting to do this with it. I finally made it to Jenson Books to get some cheap books to stack in it! I like how it turned out. The owl statue is my favorite part. I got it at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.

Owl salt & pepper shakers
Also from Hobby Lobby. I am thinking I will one day decorate my entire kitchen with a theme based on these owls and their colors...

My Ipod
I never wanted an Ipod. I was fine without it and happy to listen to the radio in the car (about the only place that I listen to music is when I am driving). Then I earned one from Scentsy last summer.  Turns out that I LOVE having an Ipod!  I can put all of my favorite music on shuffle, and I never have to switch the station because it's always a good song!

Hand Stitched Dish Towels
I rediscovered a lot of my stuff when I moved.  It has been in storage for three years. One of those things is this box of dish towels.  My Grandma made them for me when I got married 8 years ago. They are still in the box she gave them to me in.  The reason for this has less to do with being able to find the towels and more to do with the fact that they smell like her house, which brings back memories of visiting her when I was growing up.  If I use them, then they won't smell like her house anymore.

Double Cold Space
My hubby let me put my upright freezer in my small kitchen right next to my fridge.  I kind of like having it there, but it got put there because there wasn't anywhere else to put it and I can't live without it.

Dog Food Bins. 
 No I didn't get a dog. I got them for all of my kids' treats.  I love them.  All of their packages of crackers and snacks are in there and are easy to find.  The original idea was to have them so the kids could get their own snacks out, but then they wanted to have snacks for every meal so I had to kind of lock them up.  It is working great so far... as long as my kids don't learn how to work a carabiner. 

And now a little Scentsy love (cause Scentsy makes me very happy):

I got a peek at the new catalog and some of the holiday warmers that Scentsy is introducing this fall.
I. Am. Excited!




I think that I am going to need this for sure.  I almost got this full size last year.  The plug-in will be perfect in my bathroom.



This was my favorite Holiday warmer last year.  I am loving the plug-in version! 

Ok. Now a little tidbit about my little Sambo.  My little Sam has a couple of little birthmarks. Ok, he has more than a couple, but for this post we are only going to talk about two in particular.  One is on his face and one is on his hand.  They are circled in red in the pictures below.



The reason that these are notable is because they are just the right color, and in just the right place that they both look like food or chocolate.  Every time I wash his face and hands after he eats, I try to wash them off.

No comments: