Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentines Day

This year our Valentines Day was low key, and spent at home. It's not necessarily that we didn't want to go anywhere, we just never got around to planning anything, and we were all okay with that. I spent a good part of the day making sugar cookies.

I made them mostly for us, (although we did share one plate of them with some neighbors). I just feel like it isn't really Valentines's Day without some frosted sugar cookies. Steven was a big help. He has started standing on a stool and watching/helping me when I am in the kitchen. I let him do it because it's kind of fun teaching him about cooking. He helped me roll out the dough (mostly by eating little bits) and then he helped me cut out a few of the cookies. He was surprisingly good at that. I guess all that playing with playdough is paying off after all.
When I made the frosting, he helped me clean off the beaters. This is his favorite way to help. Overall, our end result turned out pretty good I think (see above picture). That is about the extent of our valentines celebration, other than the fact that Steven and I wore red:These overalls are soooo cute on him. I have always loved the way Steven looks in overalls. The best part about overalls, is that they can be picked up pretty cheaply ( a couple dollars a pair) at the DI and there is usually a pretty big selection there.

(Here is another picture of the belly. Incidentally, this shirt was also picked up at the DI for a couple dollars. I LOVE that place!!!!!!)
And we made little paper heart pockets ( thanks to kits from the Salt Lake County Library). Ours didn't look exactly like this (they were a bit smaller). This image from google was just easier to use since I didn't take a picture of ours.
We didn't even have anything fancy for dinner. We just ate leftovers. Maybe we will be more on the ball next year and do something fancy and fantastic. Although I must say, I didn't mind what we did all that much.

1 comment:

HIJK Skousen said...

YAY!! I know where your blog is now. It is fun to look through your posts. You guys have been up to some very fun things, and it looks like your little one will be making his grand entrance soon, that is so fun!!