Thursday, February 12, 2009

Steven-isms

So, we have been really enjoying watching Steven's language develop. It seems every day he says new things that we didn't know he knew, or don't know where he learned (no bad things yet...). Here are a few of our favorites:

After waking up for the day, while on his way downstairs to the kitchen he says, "Bye Room" to his bedroom.

If you put something on your head or his head (no matter what it is) he says, "toote hat" (cute hat).

When asked what he wants for breakfast he always has one of two answers, "cin-man pop tart", or "pink yogurt".


When he wants me to look at him, he will say, "Mom, look to me".

He gives us a play by play of what he is doing, saying things like, "I'm sitting down", I'm coming", or "I'm down-tairs".

He tells us things are "tiod" (tired) or "seely" (silly).

"wish it". This is what he says when he is done eating something, right before he starts squishing it between his fingers.

When we go somewhere in the car and we've parked he will say, "Evybuddy get out".


The lights in our car turn on automatically when you start the car. The dash lights are on a little bit of a delay and turn on about a minute after you put the car in gear. One night we were leaving in the car and had just started driving when I heard from the backseat, "Mommy, good job turning on lights." so I replied "thanks" even though I didn't really do anything.

When he wants me to pick him up he will come up to me and say, "hode you now" (hold you now).

When told he is handsome he will reply, "no, my not".



When he sees pictures, or sometimes toys, of characters he doesn't know, he will ask me, "Hoo wiz at?" (who is that)

He can count to ten. Here is how it goes, "1,2,7,8,9,10"

Some of his favorite things are: "gunni bers" (gummi bears), "keekle tars" (twinkle stars), "ueen" (McQueen), "ni-miss ites" (christmas lights), "no-man" (snowman), "ite be giants" (They Might Be Giants), and to "watch a-teen" (watch A-Team) (<-- this is thanks to his daddy...).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is your little boy!