Sunday, November 22, 2009

Steven's Antics Lately

Lately Steven has been a little RAT. He is getting older, more opinionated, and more curious. He is a TON of fun still but he also has days where I just want to lock him away in his room for a couple hours. He is starting to sing a lot, and he sings almost all the time. He in starting to invent these imaginary stories and scenarios which he tells me about. It seems like he isn't ever quiet anymore! (not that he ever was quiet) He loves to play, has a hard time sharing toys with his brother and is getting to be more helpful around the house. With him turning three a couple of weeks ago, we made a little job chart for him to work on. He has a list of jobs which he "checks" off at the end of the day using stickers. Then if he fills all of his boxes for the day, he earns a dime for his bank. He struggles a little with it, but it seems to be working pretty well so far. For now the jobs are mostly things he has to do anyway, the stickers and dimes are just motivation to get him to do them with less fighting and arguing. Here are a few recent pictures of what he has been up to:



This is his "butterfly costume". He likes to "fly" around the house like this.


I got some easy mac for him so he could cook his own lunch. He really loves it. He always has to have his macaroni and cheese in the "big green teacup".


This is the box of packing peanuts from his birthday. He had a TON of fun playing in them (he was taking a bath in the bathtub with the bubbles), but after he had them strewn all over the floor, he wouldn't pick them back up so this was a one time party.


Here is another picture of him in the "bathtub". Everything to him is a bathtub lately, his toybox, a cardboard box, my clothesbaskets....
This time, I was in the basement putting away some groceries. He had been down there with me but he got bored and came backupstairs. I could still hear him, so I knew where he was. When I came back upstairs I found him playing with my reusable grocery sacks. He had pulled out the liners (those are the black plastic squares that are on the floor next to him) and was sitting in the bag.
What did I ever do for entertainment before I had children?

No comments: