Sunday, November 22, 2009

Steven's Birthday (so late... I know....)

For Steven's birthday this year I was feeling a little pressure (self induced really) to make it extra fun since he turned three and is finally old enough to know the difference. Matt and I have been a little lax up until now about holidays since the kids weren't old enough to care or remember. Anyway, Steven's actual birthday was on a Sunday, so the Friday before We had special pancakes to celebrate:



Then, on his actual birthday, My parents and Brian and Bonnie (Brian's fiance) came down from Logan. We all had dinner and cake and opened presents. It was a great time and I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to visit with family. Thanks for coming down guys!
Here are a few pictures of the festivities:



Steven opening presents

Checking out the "cooter" and helmet that he got. A big thank-you to Brian and Bonnie for the helmet, and to grandma and grandpa for the scooter.


Safety first...



The cake. Well actually this is Steven's own cake. The rest of us had cupcakes. I had grand plans to make a great layered cake with fun colors and all kinds of wonderful things... needless to say, round layered cakes and I aren't friends. I had hoped that we would be, but alas, we are NOT. so the official tally is now pretty layered cake: 2, Melissa: 0. Maybe next time...



This is Sammy helping Bonnie eat her cupcake.

So Steven had a great number Three birthday. Thanks so much to all of you who helped make it so fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: