These fun cookies were my contribution to the Thanksgiving feast. They weren't all that hard to make, I just need stickier frosting next time that will actually harden so they stay together better.
We went up to Logan to stay with my parents and have dinner at my Grandma's house. I don't have any pictures of the food because truthfully, I am little indifferent about Thanksgiving food. I am not a huge fan of turkey and the rest is good but for me the holiday is more about being with family. We had a LOT of fun hanging out with family. The day after Thanksgiving we helped my parents put up their Christmas decorations. My parents go ALL OUT when it comes to holiday lights. They have a really good system set up, so it doesn't take too long to put them all up either. This year it took a little longer, but that was because they were tweaking their setup a little to make it faster. Next year it will be a snap. Here are a few more pictures from our weekend:
We played with Uncle Brian's afro wig
We tried out our new boots in Grandmas skiff of snow
And we helped Grandma decorate inside her house too!
Probably one of the highlights for me personally was Friday morning. Yes, that's right folks, I Melissa Brown went black Friday shopping. Before you all pass out from shock, let me just clarify: I went alone. I only went to Joann's (which is surprising looking back to my experience a couple of years ago with my sis-in-law where we were there for like five hours and finally left without our fabric because we were tired of waiting in line). I was home only 2 hours later.
I was there when the doors opened, but I only waited out in the cold for about 10 minutes. Then I picked my number for the cutting table first thing (this little action is key, the cutting table takes the longest). I did my shopping while I waited for them to call my number. I finished my shopping and waited at the cutting table for about 15 minutes. Then I got right in the checkout line (about a 30 minute wait). I was out of there by 8am (the doors opened at 6am)! I probably wouldn't have braved it, but they were having a KILLER sale on polar fleece, and I needed it for Christmas presents I was making. And, another deciding factor was that Matt willingly watched the boys while I was gone. He is my HERO!!!
I was there when the doors opened, but I only waited out in the cold for about 10 minutes. Then I picked my number for the cutting table first thing (this little action is key, the cutting table takes the longest). I did my shopping while I waited for them to call my number. I finished my shopping and waited at the cutting table for about 15 minutes. Then I got right in the checkout line (about a 30 minute wait). I was out of there by 8am (the doors opened at 6am)! I probably wouldn't have braved it, but they were having a KILLER sale on polar fleece, and I needed it for Christmas presents I was making. And, another deciding factor was that Matt willingly watched the boys while I was gone. He is my HERO!!!
It was a fun weekend and we were sorry to see it end. But we are excited for Christmas to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment