Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Little Christmas Preview...

So, I am doing Christmas this year almost completely homemade. I'm not much of a seamstress, but I have been having a lot of fun sewing things the last few weeks. I think that I am going to do more sewing from now on. If I get better at it, I will be able to do more things with it. I can practice all year, and next Christmas will be Awesome!!!
Anyway, this particular Christmas preview doesn't really have anything to do with sewing. I didn't sew very much of it. I made cute little tutu's and fairy wands for my cousin's little girls. I had a lot of fun making them (they were super easy). Now I just need to get me a little girl so I can make some for my own house. Steven asked me if he could have a tutu today (you'll see why in a minute...) but Matt would never stand for it so the answer had to be "no".


Here is a picture of both of the tutus with both of the wands.


Here is a close up of the wands. We went super girly here with the pink and purple color scheme. Both wands have a light purple side and a dark purple side. The dark purple felt is glittery felt and I painted silver glitter on the wand handles. There are also sparkly pink beads sewn onto the edges of the stars.



Here is a close up of one of the tutus. They are really fun, and I really like how the colors worked together. I also tied the leftover ribbon from the wands in with the tulle on the tutus. I like the variety that it adds.



And here is my little model showing off the finished product! I actually was only using him to make sure that they were that right size, and he liked wearing the tutu. He also loved using the wands to "spell every word". ( I think that he gets the spelling thing from "Super Why" on PBS kids. They have a fairy girl that spells things with a wand.)


So, he tried on the tutu and even twirled a little. As cute as he is, I would rather he play with his cars and trains like he usually does. So it was fun while it lasted, and now he will just have to wait until he can wear his little sister's tutu. (No, I don't plan on him having a little sister any time soon...)

I will have more Christmas projects to post, but probably not until after Christmas so that I don't ruin anyone's surprise!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

He makes a great princess fairy! Ha ha! Little kids know nothing about gender appropriateness! Maybe that's a good thing :)
Good work on the tutus!