Friday, May 30, 2008

Picnic in the Park!

Today we had a great picnic at Willow Park here in Logan. It was just going to be me and Steven, but Daddy got off of work early, so he came with us!! We started out by looking at the animals. Steven loved the monkeys and he got to feed a duck! He wasn't too sure about the duck nibbling his fingers when it was getting the food from him. It was so fun to see him discovering all the different animals that there are to see at the Willow Park Zoo. I have always loved to go there. I love to take Steven there because I loved to go there when I was little, and it is fun to take Steven there while he is little. We let him walk around and look at the animals at his own pace for a while. He really enjoyed that! Then we took him over to play on the playground. Once again, he would rather wander around than play on the playground. He isn't a big playground kid, but he does like the swings. After we played a little, we got out our lunch. We spread out a blanket and had some sandwiches for our little picnic. Steven loved sitting out on a blanket while he ate his sandwich. It was a perfect day weather-wise. The sun was shining, and there was a cool little breeze. Overall, it was a perfect little family outing!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

It sounds like you had a really great time. I can't wait until our little guy is old enough to do fun things like this. Good for you guys for taking advantage of the perfect weather!

Payne-ic Attack said...

I'm impressed at how you plan things and help Steven explore the world. I love your description of him feeding the ducks. Willow Park Zoo is really nice for being basically free. Enjoy your time in Logan! -Ilene