Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gone Baby Gone!



So, anyone who has known me for very long, knows that I have a tendency to be a little drastic when I cut my hair. I let it grow really long, then I get tired of it and chop it all off at once. I usually cut off enough to be able to donate it to Locks of Love. For those of you who don't know, Locks of Love is a non profit organization that takes donated hair and makes it into hairpeices for financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 18 who suffer from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. This will be my fourth time donating. I highly recommend it. It's really an adventure!
I was excited to get it cut because I was ready for a change. It has been a couple of years since I had a change. I am really happy with how it turned out. I have included some before and after pics so you can all see just how much I cut off.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow Melissa! I love your new hair cut. It looks really healthy and shiny! You look great.

the sorensons said...

first off i love the hair! second i did the same thing when i was prego! in honesty it was cut out of crazy prego hormonal moment, but donating it made me feel a little bit better!

Sally said...

I LOVE IT! You are so adorable with short hair. I have wanted to donate to locks of love as well...but I never have the patience to get my hair long enough before making the cut!

Heidi & Derek said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! You look great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful new do!

jon and whit said...

WAY cute!! i never woulda pictured you with short hair - i guess cuz i've always known you with long hair! but it looks SO good!! :)

amber said...

Holy crap dang! That's very brave of you. I cried the first time I chopped my hair off. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT way to cute