Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Junior Jabber Jaws

Steven is getting really serious about his talking lately. He will jabber on at length in the car, at the store, to complete strangers, and he even talks in his sleep! He has a ton of words that he says that we can understand, but when he is jabbering on for extended periods, I usually have no idea what he is saying.

He will repeat most things when I say them to him. He is really good at identifying the parts of his body. His favorites are his arm, nose, and eye. It is so fun to watch him discover language and figure out how to communicate what he wants.
He also loves to read books. We signed him up for the summer reading club here at the local library. Now that he is talking more, reading books is a lot more fun too. Games of "What is it" actually involve him telling me what things are rather than him just smiling and me telling him what it is.
He really loves to eat fruit. Grapes are his current favorite. Today after his nap, I asked him if he wanted some lunch and he said "corn dog" so I assumed that was what he wanted for lunch, and that's what he got.He loves a good corn dog ( mostly the corn and not so much the dog)


He found a sour grape while I was trying to get a good pic of him and his corn dog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sour grape face. ;)