Friday, October 17, 2008
New Bike
We got Steven a bike for his birthday. In case you are all wondering, his birthday is November 8th. yes we are just a little excited for it. Actually I had been looking for something bike-wise for him for a while. I finally found something I liked at the DI while shopping for Halloween costume supplies. We gave it to him last week. Almost exactly a month before his birthday. Out reasoning was, he doesn't know when his birthday really is anyway, and we wanted him to be able to play with it while it was still warm. Plus, do we really need a reason to lavish gifts on our only child... Anyway, we put it out in the garage while he was napping. When he got up from his nap, I took him out there to see it. I let him open the door and go out to "see daddy" who was working out there. He opened the door, got out onto the steps and gasped! Then he said "Steven! Bike!" (the Steven sounded more like David because that's how he says his name) and went right over to it and climbed on. I didn't even have to tell him what it was or that it was his. He just knew. He is getting way too smart for my own good. Anyway, here are some photos of the good time he had and continues to have with his great bike:
He can reach the pedals but when they turn, one foot comes off. He does really well using his feet to pull himself along though. I love that he knew exactly what to do with the bike without being told or shown.
So happy with his new toy!
He spends a lot of time pushing it and not being able to steer. I thought the handle in the back would be great for me to use while he learns to use the pedals, but he uses it more than I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment