For some time now I have been kind of a recipe collector. I subscribe to Taste-Of-Home magazine, and have a pretty extensive collection of cookbooks and loose recipes that probably need to be organized. I have five or six of those compilation cookbooks that wards and organizations make for fundraisers. All of which are from wards or organizations that I haven't ever belonged to. I love these because they always have a nice mix of recipes and between them all I can usually find the recipe I am looking for. My favorite of these cookbooks is this one:

When I got married to Matt, I received this cookbook at my Bridal Shower. His mom's side of the family all contributed their favorite recipes and they made a cookbook which they give to all the new brides that are joining the family, or have been in the family and are getting married. This is a great idea and I have used it a TON. Matt has come to me several times and asked me to make something that his mom or grandma makes. He says to me "You need to get the recipe for this from my mom." I go and look in the family cookbook, and there it is! I love it!
Anyway, I was looking through my little cookbooks for a recipe for homemade pasta. I never found it because I got distracted by the recipe for these



They are coffee cake muffins. And yes they are as good as they look. I love the holes in the middle created by putting some of the topping in between layers of the batter. They actually kind of break in half when you eat them. Messy but good. I will have to return to my quest for a homemade pasta recipe another day, or maybe just get my Grandma's recipe...
Most of the reason for this post is so I would have an excuse to play with my new camera and experiment with the settings and stuff while taking pictures of my culinary masterpieces.
1 comment:
MMmmm... your muffins look good. I love to try new recipes.
Post a Comment