Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween (finally)

Our Halloween was pretty busy this year. The weekend before Halloween we went up to Logan to visit my parents. While we were there, we went to the North Logan Pumpkin Walk. The Pumpkin Walk is one of my favorite Halloween traditions. We got a picture of our little Yoda again this year...

The week before Halloween was filled with being sick with colds, Matt having a sprained ankle (from his first paint-balling experience with Brian, my brother)and the arrival of the film Crane that was shown in a earlier post. We also had Matt's sister, Ali and her boys over for a day of Halloween crafts and visiting. It was a lot of fun but really busy. On Thursday, the day before Halloween, I made my traditional Halloween cookies...


These are pretty easy and oh so yummy. I will try to put the recipe up in a future post.
On Halloween day we slept in and just hung around the house for the first part of the day. Then we carved our pumpkins and got ready to go to our Halloween party. Every Halloween Matt's family (the Brown side) has a big Halloween party where we all just sit and visit and everyone brings fun Halloween treats to share. It is a ton of fun and we love to go. Steven spent the evening pigging out on treats but I guess that's what Halloween is for. We didn't go trick or treating because I didn't really think Steven would enjoy it all that much and I didn't want to walk around with my cold. Maybe next year.
Carving pumpkins was a lot of fun. Steven loved helping scoop out the guts and playing with the seeds. He had a "shovel" (pumkin scoop) that he used for a while then he decided that he could get more if he just used his hands. He did sample the guts, but decided that they weren't that great. He made a pretty good mess of himself but the fun was totally worth it. Here are some pics from our pumpkin adventure:

Digging with his "shovel"
Getting in there with his hands
Checking out his prize
Having a taste
Messy boy
I had to post this because the look on his face is so hilarious, even though it's a little blurry
We even got Matt to help us carve out the faces!

Our finished product. Yes I know there are 6 pumpkins and only 3 of us but I really like pumpkins...

4 comments:

Sally said...

He has the cutest little face. Hey and I love your candy corn cookies.

Thomas, Jesi, and Greyson said...

Looks like fun. We sure miss you guys.

Smith Family said...

Hi,
This is Farrah, Bradden's wife. I just had to comment to tell you that you did such a great job with those pumpkins they look awesome.
-farrah

Jennifer said...

I love the Strong Bad and Mickey faces. I can tell Matt was involved in those ones.