It was actually a pretty fun day. My mom and Brian came up from Logan and we went to the Bodyworlds exhibit. Steven didn't go, just me, Matt, Brian and Matt's sister Ali. My dad was going to go with us too, but he had to work at the last minute and couldn't get out of it. :( While we looked t the exhibit, Steven and my mom played and went to the library to look at books. Then we went to our house for dinner. Have I told you how much I love the Crock pot? One of the most fantastic kitchen gadgets EVER! Anyway, we had ribs, potatoes and carrots for dinner. Then we had cake for dessert. Steven will actually blow out the candles now without any help. My mom was going to buy a fun cake at the store for him, but I told her it would be cheaper if I just made one. I have never really embarked on cake decorating before, but I think I did pretty great job:
Then Matt added his idea and it was even better!
My mom gave A Steven a sit and spin. I had one of these when I was little and loved it. The only difference was mine was better made first of all, but more importantly, mine didn't blare annoying music a a very loud volume! But the music is Steven's favorite part, of course! For those of you who don't know what a sit n' spin is, it's a little plasti pedestal that you sit on and it has a handle that you use to turn yourself around. Here is a video of Steven playing on his:
At the end of the video, he is saying, "Mommy, take hat off". He is telling me he took his hat off, just in case you don't understand Steven tongue. It is a pretty hard to understand dialect.
4 comments:
What a cute birthday boy!
We have a sit'n'spin in the nursery in our ward and the kids LOVE it. Great idea for a gift.
You did a great job on the cake. It looks cute. Matthew has a sit and spin toy as well and he loved it when he was little.
farrah
What a cute cake! Happy birthday Steven!
Hey and about the sit-n-spin...yeah I hear ya. My mom got my kids one too. My complaints are identical to yours. Plus Mason does crazy things on it...you know, extreme toddler sports. Still we love it!
Happy Birthday Steven
Post a Comment