Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Quick Little Comment

So, no doubt most of you have noticed the little baby widget in the right column. (if you haven't, you can look over and see it now...) I have been told that it is "creepy" and while I can see how it would be considered creepy, I mostly have it there so I can see how many days we have left before our lives are plunged into total craziness (not a far leap from where we are now, mind you).
I have decided that this little floating baby has adverse effects as well, however. Every time I look at that number getting smaller and smaller, my mind screams to me "No! It can't be that soon! I'm not ready!" And then, I realize, that no matter what I do, I will never be ready so I should stop freaking out. I think mostly this feeling comes from the feeling that this pregnancy has snuck up on me. We were moving, then settling in, then it was the holidays, and now finally it is becoming more of a focus. I wish I was able to focus on this new baby a little more, but with an adorable two-year old constantly attracting my attention, I keep getting distracted...
For any of those who might be interested, here is a pic of the baby belly:

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

We are so close together on due dates!! I guess I didn't realize that before.

Sally said...

You look SO cute! And I don't think the little side thing is creepy at all. It is baby inside a mommy. I love it...for what it's worth!

Jen and Scott said...

I think you took the words out of my mouth about the whole not prepared and freeking out thing. I totally agree, it has gone by so fast, and I'm totally not prepared to have 2 kids! AHHH. oh well it will all work out right. We can call each other during our 3 am feedings for support or something. :)