Friday, January 30, 2009

EEEEEK!!!!!

So this morning Steven and I went down the street to see one of the neighbors for a minute. When we were walking back into the house, I noticed a spider on the porch. It was pretty big and looked a little suspicious so I decided to catch it and see what kind it was. I took Steven back inside and got an empty jar. I caught it easily since it is only 35-40 degrees out there and it didn't move very fast. Once I caught it and got a closer look my suspicions were confirmed...

Yeah, that's a red hourglass on it's stomach!!! Are you kidding me! I have seen black widows before but never at my home! I guess I can just feel lucky that it showed it's face in the winter when it was a little slower moving, rather than in the summer. And also, that I was the one who found it and not Steven. He's not scared of spiders yet, and probably would have tried to pick it up. My biggest question is what about the exterminators that come and spray regularly for these king of pests? Isn't this what I am paying them to get rid of?
It is making my skin crawl just thinking about it and I'm not so easily creeped out by this kind of thing. Although, of all the creepy crawlies, spiders are probably my least favorite...

2 comments:

amber said...

Ew. shudder I hate HATE spiders too! But a black widow?! shudder

Sally said...

Oh my! I'm sure you remember my sheer panic whenever we encountered spiders at our place way back when. We had TONS because of that tree. EEEEOOOOWWW! I am dying for you!