Steven has always loved pictures and the camera. He loves to look at pictures and always wants to take pictures with my camera. He calls it "taking a smile". For a while now, I have had to watch really closely and be sure to keep my camera up out of his reach. If he gets a hold of it, he turns it on and takes pictures with it. This isn't a huge deal because he is pretty careful, but he IS a kid and the camera IS expensive. So today we had the idea to get out my old camera and let Steven "take smiles" with it (actually, I had the idea a while ago, I was just debating on whether to actually do it or not).
The thing about my old camera is, that it is worn out. I definitely got my money's worth out of it. It still takes pretty good pictures, but the screen is beginning to die so it is hard to see what the pictures looked like when I take them. The screens color is all messed up and it has little blips on it, and it has been known to go black entirely. I knew it was only a matter of time until the entire camera stopped working, and that matter of time wasn't too far off. So I got a new one and the old one was put on the shelf on my closet, waiting for a higher purpose.
Steven was so excited to have a camera that he was allowed to take pictures with. This is him reaching for the camera for the first time:
Before today this is what most of his pictures looked like. He always looked through the viewfinder backwards and blinded himself. Today we worked on teaching him how to hold the camera right and to look at the screen to see what your picture was going to look like.
Still photographing himself, but we are doing better...
Not a picture of our face! We actually have a LOT of these. He thinks his feet are pretty cute.
Pictures of baby brother sleeping
Not so good at following the "don't touch the lens" rule.
His breakfast cereal.
Daddy helping him eat the breakfast cereal.
A LOT of fun was had. A LOT of tears were shed when it was time to put the camera away. There will be more fun to have on another day!
1 comment:
That is so cute! Good idea I'll have to try it out with my old camera when Kalissa gets a little older.
Post a Comment