Monday, February 4, 2008

A Good Weekend

We had a pretty good weekend, even though it was really busy. On Friday night we were invited to our new Bishop's house for dinner along with a few other couples from our ward. It was a lot of fun and a great way to get to know some people from our ward and our new bishop. On Saturday we spent the morning cleaning the house and watching the funeral services of our dear prophet, Gordon B Hinckley. We really enjoyed the tender way that friends and fellow leaders of the church said goodbye to our prophet. It was spiritually strengthening to watch. If you didn't get to watch it I suggest you go to the church website and watch or at least listen to the talks given. Saturday night we had some friends over for dinner. It was a lot of fun. Sunday was really great. We had a great lesson in Relief Society about self esteem. We are still loving teaching our family history class. It snowed pretty much all day on Sunday so it was a beautiful day outside, even though travel was a little scary. On our way out of the church building to go home there was a little bird sitting on the sidewalk right outside the door. He had flown into the glass on the door and was a little dazed. I didn't want anything to happen to him so I picked him up and took him home. I put him in a box and let him warm up and recover from his little trauma. After about two hours, he was acting more alert so I took him out to our porch and set him free. He flew into a tree across the parking lot from our apartment and sat there for another hour before he flew away. Steven loved to look at him and was excited when I showed him the little bird up close. We called him Tweeter for fun and enjoyed our brief encounter with one of God's amazing creatures. I looked it up later and discovered that our little bird was a Bohemian Waxwing. I have included a couple of pictures of him so you can all see how pretty he was. I really like the way he looks like a little bandit with his little "mask".

1 comment:

jon and whit said...

hey! i haven't looked at your blog in a long time - thanks for reminding me about it the other night!! it's so cute, i love your background! i'm gonna add you to our list so i can remember to check you guys out more often!!