Thursday, July 3, 2008

Keepin' cool


As many of you know, our sweet dog, Brandon, is quite the chubby little pup. (If you don't know, just see the picture above. I know, it's pretty bad...) So we try to make sure that we go for long walks every day to help him burn some calories. the only problem is... that with it being so hot, he nearly DIES every time we go. It is a combination of the heat, and how chubby he is that makes it nearly impossible to take him out it it's hotter than 75 degrees. And since I'm not really interested in taking him out at 6:00 am, we had to come up with a new plan. Luckily, there is a canal about three blocks from our house. So when we walk, we go past the canal first, and Brandon goes for a little "swim". Actually, Brandon goes to the edge of the canal to check it out, and I sort of nudge him in. He doesn't seem to mind being cool for the rest of our walk though!

1 comment:

amber said...

Ha ha! I would love to see the little "nudge" you give him to get him into the water. Let me know if you need help cleaning or packing.