Sunday, March 1, 2009

Little Samuel's First Dedicated Post.

No we haven't had the baby yet. I was however just looking at my little baby ticker off to the right and saw how little time was left AAAHHH.
Seriously though, we are getting really excited to have a little baby around again. A couple of weeks ago, on Feb 19 we had another ultrasound, so we got to see our little guy again. We had the ultrasound because the doctor was worried because the baby is measuring so small. I tried to tell her that we are small people that have small kids, and if we had a big (or even normal sized) kid it would probably kill me, but she just wanted to check. On a small side note: we are super NOT fans of this doctor and will be finding a new one after this baby is born. Suggestions of good doctors are welcome.
Anyway, we were excited to see the baby again, and took Steven in so he could see too. It was fun. Then at my last appointment, the doctor said that we were good to go any time, and she would see me next week unless she saw me at the hospital before. We are hoping for sooner since we are all ready and excited to meet our new little man! At the ultrasound, the technician told us that the baby weighs about 5 lbs 2 oz. Since I am expecting this baby to be about the same size that Steven was, I am going to be a little more prepared this time around. With Steven, we weren't fully prepared for just how tiny he would be. We took a couple of outfits with us to the Hospital for him to come home in, but the "newborn" size drowned him. Thankfully my little brother brought us a "preemie" sized outfit from walmart that fit a little better, but it still took him a couple weeks to fill that out. We ended up having to go and buy a Sleeper or two for him to wear until he grew a little.
So this time around, I am going in prepared, and I bought this a walmart a couple weeks ago:
The Sharpie marker should give you an idea of just how small this little sleeper is. Matt and I haven't put it away yet because we like to look at it and remember how tiny Steven was. It get's us excited for having a new tiny guy.
Oh, and for those of you who haven't heard, the name we decided on is, Samuel David Brown.

2 comments:

Ilene said...

The big day is coming soon!!! We hope all goes well for you during the labor and delivery. It looks like you're prepared and ready to have two little Browns running around. How fun. Good luck!

Everyone loves our "Welcome to the Nut House" sign, by the way.

-Ilene and Jay

Alyssa said...

Yay! You are so close!! We hope everything goes well for you. We miss you guys tons!! P.S. I LOVE how tiny that little outfit is!