Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Willow Park Zoo

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Willow Park Zoo while we were visiting Logan. I grew up going to this zoo a lot and always love to take Steven there too. We went in the late afternoon this time (it's usually better to go in the morning, when they feed the animals). I thought that a lot of the animals would be sleeping, but we actually got to see quite a few of them up close. Steven had a lot of fun feeding the ducks by the fish pond.



We didn't see any fish though. I guess they had had their fill of food by that time. We also got to see a couple pelican's up close to the fence.


We saw all kinds of other animals like deer, lots of turtles, lots of ducks, the chipmunk, some rats, the bobcats, and all other kinds of things. Here are a few more pictures from our trip:



Willow Park has an Albino Porcupine! Very cool!


It's always fun to see the bald eagles.



We got to see a mommy peacock with five little babies. They were super cute. I took this picture while the daddy peacock was by them so it's a little peacock family. For those of you who have never been to Willow Park, they have peacocks that just roam the park, not in cages. It's really fun.

And the highlight of the trip:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
One of the male peacocks fanned out his tail while we were there! I have been to this park so many times that I can't even count them and I have only seen this maybe once or twice before! I took a bunch of pictures, of course! Here are a couple of my favorites:



He left it fanned out for quite a while. We watched him for about 10 minutes, then went and looked at the rest of the park. When we were leaving, he still had it fanned out, about 20 minutes later!

A special thanks to Grandma, Uncle Brian and Bonnie for going with us! You guys made it even more fun!Steven LOVES his Grandma and Uncle Brian!!

No comments: