Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Easter 2010

Sorry these posts are all out of order. I am trying to catch up, but some of the newer stuff is what I am in the mood to blog about.

For Easter this past year, we had a lot of fun. We dyed eggs, had an egg hunt with cousins, and the boys got Easter baskets from us. Below are a few pictures. Enjoy.

Steven had a BLAST dying eggs this year. In the interest of not dying the entire kitchen, we chose to do this particular activity while Sam was napping. I knew Sam wouldn't be able to resist playing in cups of liquid given his affinity for all things splashing. Steven did really well and was really careful with the dye. We had several broken eggs (but not too many really, only three or four), but luckily I saw that one coming and boiled extras. Steven doesn't like dealing with broken things. He won't eat his food if it's broken either.

Coloring on the eggs with white crayon

Dipping eggs in the dye. Here is where our breaking came in. He had a hard time with the dipper that came with the dye, so he would just drop the eggs in and they would break. So we got out some spoons and I showed him how to ease the eggs into the dye and that worked a lot better.

Trying to hold a floating egg down in the dye

We had a fun Easter Party at Matt's sister's house. We doubled it up as an Easter party/girls night out during Priesthood Conference. I made the traditional Jello Eggs for the occasion. These little beauties are pretty time consuming to make, but totally worth it. My mom is a pro at making them.

At the party we also had an easter egg hunt for the kids.

Sam finding some eggs. He really loved it and was super excited to crawl around on the grass picking things up.

Steven finding eggs. He had lot's of fun too!

Opening Easter baskets on Easter morning. The boys didn't get too much candy in them. Mostly just little toys. And some new buckets for the sandbox.

Sam had a lot of fun going through his basket, but was the most excited about the chocolate "Reester Bunnies".

We unwrapped one for him and he devoured it immediately. This is when he showcased his great love for all things chocolate. ( I would love to say that this was his first experience with chocolate, but but sadly it wasn't. I'm just not that disciplined.)

After the first one he went ahead and helped himself to another when I wasn't looking. He didn't even bother wasting time unwrapping it.

A good relaxing holiday weekend. Fun was had by all!

No comments: