Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sweet Samuel

Our sweet Samuel David is almost 16 months old now! The time has flown by WAY too fast! With Steven, I was ready for every milestone because he was my entire focus, but with Sam, I have Steven and so many other thngs that the milestones sneak up on me.

Sam mastered stairs way sooner than Steven, out of necessity. Our baby gate didn't fit across the top of the stairs so I taught him to go up and down them so he wouldn't fall. He walks and is starting to run. He is finally starting to try and talk. It's still unrecognizable, but he is forming sounds and hopefully words won't be far behind. In the meantime, we are trying to teach him some sign language so he can stop screaming for everything.

Sam is a lot more mellow than Steven most of the time, but he also has a mean temper. He screaches when he wants to let you know he doesn't like what's happening. He is also currently throwing kicking and screaming fits when he doesn't get his way. He loves his brother and likes to play with him. Their favorite thing to do right now, is scream, giggle and shout at each other during breakfast. They think that it' SO funny... In fact, they are doing it now, as I type this.

He likes to be outside. If I go to get the mail and don't bring him along, he stands at the door and cries because I went outside without him. He LOVES to eat, but is super picky about his food. He loves water. If there is a puddle to splash in, he will be right there, getting soaked. If fact, he usually uses his cup at meals to make a puddle so he can splash in it.

Some of his favorites are... Pop Tarts, stuffed animals with a tail, ice cream, naps, toy balls, kitties, chocolate milk, potatoes, drawing, goldfish crackers, bathtime and being allowed to run free.

He is not a big fan of being made to follow mom, pasta, vegetables, being taken out of the bath, being strapped into his carseat or the stroller, raisins and being rushed.

Following are some pictures of Sam at one year old. They were taken by Katrina of Sassafrass Photography
Enjoy!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: