Sam got a little set of instruments that are inside of a drum. The drum is his favorite part.
The Maceys grocery store in Logan gave us a free little cake for the occasion. (They do it for anyone for a kids 1st birthday... we're not special or anything) That was a lot of fun because they put bright blue frosting on it!
Steven helped Grandma scoop the ice cream... right into his mouth!
Getting the cake... we couldn't get him to blow out the candle. (I forgot to practice with him beforehand so he wasn't prepared like Steven was)
When it came to the cake though, he knew exactly what to do. He just dug right in!
Yummy!
Sharing with Aunt Bonnie...
Just about done here.
I think we've done about all the damage we can do now. Time to clean up.
In the tub to wash off.
He got the frosting all over the bathtub too. One thing that I have learned though is that store bought frosting isn't really ideal for the body smearing involved in a "First birthday cake" adventure. It's shortening based so it doesn't wash off very well. At least not in water that won't scald my little guy. It took FOREVER to get it all off. Oh well, lesson learned. It was well worth it. He had a good time and so did everyone else.
1 comment:
So fun! I can't wait for our first birthday party!
Post a Comment