Saturday, January 29, 2011

Christmas 2010 Highlights

Our Christmas was a LOT of fun! it Started on Dec 11th. All of Matt's siblings came over for our annual Christmas fireside. through the magic of Skype, Matt's parent also attended from Finland!  It was so good to see them all! Then that evening was the big family party that Matt' grandma has every year. Also lot's of fun!  Then in the days from then until Christmas we stayed busy decorating cookies and a gingerbread house and making Christmas gifts. We spent Christmas at my parents house in Logan. Over all it was a great holiday season, but it was so busy! I have made a goal to finish all of my handmade gifts by thanksgiving next year so I can spend all of December just having FUN!!!
Here are a few highlights from all the fun we had:

The boys and I picked a new ornament for the tree this year. I think I am going to do that every year. Pick out a new ornament for the tree as a family.  The is the little gem that they picked.  We affectionately call her the "sweater pig". I think it's funny that the boys picked the strangest ornament in the store...  It's kind of cute though.


I found a couple of cheap Santa hats at the thrift store and the boys had a ball with them!


Sam decorating his sugar cookies. The frosting is his favorite part.


This look cracks me up every time!


Stevie decorating his sugar cookies

We decorated a ginger bread house this year.  The kit came with a couple of gingerbread men and the boys had tons of fun using all the candy to decorate them
 

Sammy and his gingerbread man.


Steven and his gingerbread man


I looked at lot's of places trying to find a good gingerbread kit.  I got a kit because I don't bake gingerbread and I thought it might be fun to use gingerbread instead of just graham crackers.  This is the kit we got. I found it at Costco and as soon as I saw it I knew that it was the kit for us! It came with the house pre-built! YAY!!!! (This is how we roll, minimal building so less can go wrong.) The kit came with a bunch of fun candy too! Even better!


Here is the house before we decorated it. It came out of the box just like this!


After decorating, front view.


Back view.


This year we all slept at my mom's house on Christmas eve. It was lot's of fun having all of us there.  For the first year ever we all got new pajama's on Christmas eve, to wear on Christmas morning.  Christmas was great again this year! My mom always makes it lots of fun and spoils us!  I love spending Christmas with my family.


Here are the boys in their pajama's that Matt's Grandma made them for Christmas. I like how they match.


This was from when we went to Temple Square to see the lights.  Steven was really into nutcrackers this year and he was so excited to see these giant nutcrackers outside the restaurant on the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  We had to get a picture for him.


And this is our little family. The picture with the lights behind us didn't work out because Sam was screaming and Steven wasn't looking. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I want to live at your house. You guys always have such fun!