Monday, January 3, 2011

Pumpkin Walk/Halloween 2010

We were up in Logan this year for the pumpkin walk, the weekend before Halloween.  The boys loved the pumpkin Walk this year. The theme was animation and there were all kinds of fun scenes! It was probably one of my favorite years for the pumpkin walk! Here are a few of our favorites:

Here are the boys in front of the welcome sign. We went on Friday morning, and it was cloudy and a little cold. Later Friday, and for the rest of the weekend, it rained really hard so we were glad that we went when we did.


Here is Stitch from the "Lilo and Stitch" scene. Lilo was there too, but I wanted a close-up of Stitch because he was made of yarn pom-poms and he looked like he took someone a lot of time to make!


The polar express was awesome! The background and all the characters had some great painting on them!


This tree was in the Polar Express scene too. I thought it looked really cool. I also liked the pumpkins painted as presents under it.


Tangled


We loved the "Princess and the Frog" scene. This is a close-up of Ray, he is my favorite.


Peter Pan and Captain Hook


Spongebob and our sweet Sammy. I liked that Spongebob was a pumpkin that had been painted and wrapped in foam.


Green Eggs and Ham from the Dr Seuss scene.


A peacock

Then the next weekend we went up to Logan again for Halloween. The boys had fun costumes this year. I made them spider costumes. I got a really good picture of Steven in his, but Sam wouldn't ever hold still long enough for me to get a great one of him.


Here are the pumpkins that we carved. Aunt Bonnie did the one on the far left, and she also did the welcome one. We carved the welcome one to put on the porch for the wedding.


Here they are glowing.


Steven in his spider costume. I sewed fabric legs to a plain black shirt. For the eyes I just glued wiggle eyes to strips of cardboard, then safety pinned the cardboard strips to a black knit hat.  Then they just wore black pants that they already had.


This is probably the best pic I got of Sammy in his costume.


Here are the boys trick-or-treating with grandma on Main street in downtown Logan. We only went there to tick-or-treat and we only went one block or so. There were a ton of people and it was kind of cold.  The boys had fun though. 

No comments: